QUESTIONS, INFORMATION AND GUIDELINES
Do I put my trash out on all holidays?
Your trash will be picked up on your regular day for Rhode Island state holidays EXCEPT THANKSGIVING, CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEARS DAY. Only those customers with regular pick up on the day those three holidays fall will have a schedule change and they will be notified of their alternate pick up day on those three holidays. Our crew works on all but those three previously mentioned holidays, however, our office is closed on all official Rhode Island state holidays.
How do I know if something is recyclable or not?
Visit the website http://rirrc.org for complete guidelines. This site offers a list of materials with recycling, donation and disposal options.
Can I put my recyclables in bags or boxes in the recycling bin?
NO! Recyclables should be loose in the recycling bin at all times.
What can I use for my recycling bin?
Any container that is not larger than 64 gallons. Please be sure that it is CLEARLY MARKED as a recycling bin if it is not a typical recycling container.
Will you pick up bags of leaves?
Effective June 17, 2020 the weekly removal of two bags of yard waste will no longer be included in the cost of your rubbish removal. The current yard waste policy is:
1. Customers must contact the office and arrange for yard waste pickup in advance.
2. We will only schedule a pick up for a minimum of 10 bags of yard waste.
3. The pickup will be scheduled on the same day as your trash pickup.
4. The bags will be placed at the curb.
5. The cost is $2.50 per bag and will be billed to customers account.
6. Only yard waste in bags will be picked up. No barrels of yard waste will be emptied.
7. An alternate way to dispose of your yard waste is to bring it to the Rose Hill Transfer Station. Purchase yard waste tags at the South Kingstown Town Hall or at the Transfer Station for about $1.25 per tag and use brown paper yard waste bags. The number for the Rose Hill Transfer Station is 783-4554. The South Kingstown Solid Waste Department can be reached at 789-9331 X2259 or X2250.
Narragansett Rubbish accepts cash, checks, VISA, Mastercard and Discover. At this time we do not accept direct online payments but you may be able to arrange for something like that with your bank.
How many days do I get to keep the trash dumpster on site?
A standard period of one week is allowed before rental charges are assessed.